In an effort to beautify and improve the 15th Street Design District, the City of Boulder has designated roughly $300,000 toward street improvements for the district. Stakeholders have been meeting/discussing the proposed plan created by Carol Adams of StudioTerra for the last several months. We are all excited about the basic concept, appreciate having the attention on this side of Canyon, and agree it is nearly perfect. Boulder High School students will also present their ideas for Public Art in the corridor.
Improvements potentially include:
- New street trees, tree grates, and tree guards
- Irrigation improvements for street trees
- New bike racks
- Trash and recycling receptacles
- New bench at transit stop
- Widened sidewalks
- Banner poles
- Paving enhancements in select locations (quotes etched in sidewalks)
- Larger storm sewer inlets
- Public art
- Additional street lighting
Stay tuned if you’d like to participate in a stakeholder meeting to be held in September.